Camp Augur
Metadata
Name:Camp Augur
Origin Of Name:Named for General C.C. Augur, one time commander of the Mountain Division of the United States Army. It was later changed to Fort Brown in 1870. (WPA) Established in 1869 and named for General C. C. Augur. (Annals of Wyoming 14:3)Established June 28, 1869 as Camp Augur. Name changed to Camp Brown March 28, 1870 and to Fort Washakie, December 30, 1878. (US Military Reservations)
Other Names:Camp Brown, Fort Brown, Fort Washakie
County:Fremont
Feature Category:Manmade Features
History:Established June 28, 1869 as Camp Augur. Name changed to Camp Brown March 28, 1870 and to Fort Washakie, December 30, 1878. (US Military Reservations)
Document ID:11142123

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.