Cleo
Metadata
Title:Cleo
History:Cleo Post Office was established on August 28, 1894 in Fremont County prior to the formation of Sublette County. Huguier V. Cleophas was the postmaster. It was changed to Richards on May 5, 1899. On July 11, 1899, the Cleo Post Office was reestablished. It was discontinued on December 29, 1899 and its mail then handled by the Big Piney Post Office. It was located on Marsh (often called Cottonwood ) Creek on an island between two branches. (Wyoming Post Offices)
County:Sublette
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Cleo Post Office was established in August, 1894 with Huguier Victor Cleophas as the postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices)Cleo Post Office was established on August 28, 1894 in Fremont County prior to the formation of Sublette County. Huguier V. Cleophas was the postmaster. It was changed to Richards on May 5, 1899. On July 11, 1899, the Cleo Post Office was reestablished. It was discontinued on December 29, 1899 and its mail then handled by the Big Piney Post Office. It was located on Marsh (often called Cottonwood ) Creek on an island between two branches. (Wyoming Post Offices)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11141659

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library