De Ranch
Metadata
Title:De Ranch
History:The De Ranch was started on Bridger Creek by a large corporation around 1880. (Historical Encyclopedia of Wyoming, V. 1) DeRanch, which is 93 miles from Casper, is a stage station on the Thermopolis line. (Wyoming Derrick January 19, 1899, page 5) Deranch Post Office was established on January 19, 1893 with William Long as postmaster. It was discontinued on February 28, 1905 and its mail then handled by the Lost Cabin Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Small post office in Fremont County, 20 miles southeast from Thermopolis. Stockraising the leading industry. Population, 15. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1901-02)
County:Fremont
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The De Ranch was started on Bridger Creek by a large corporation around 1880. (Historical Encyclopedia of Wyoming, V. 1) DeRanch, which is 93 miles from Casper, is a stage station on the Thermopolis line. (Wyoming Derrick January 19, 1899, page 5) Deranch Post Office was established on January 19, 1893 with William Long as postmaster. It was discontinued on February 28, 1905 and its mail then handled by the Lost Cabin Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Small post office in Fremont County, 20 miles southeast from Thermopolis. Stockraising the leading industry. Population, 15. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1901-02)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11141634

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library