Rawling's Spring
Metadata
Title:Rawling's Spring
Other Names:Rawlins
History:Rawling's Springs Post Office was established on October 22, 1868 in Laramie County prior to the formation of Carbon County. John C. Dyer was the postmaster. Its name was changed to Rawlins Post Office on May 4, 1876. (Wyoming Post Offices) When Carbon County was created on December 16, 1868, Rawling's Spring was named the county seat. (Wyoming Historical Blue Book)
County:Carbon
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Named after an early day trapperit was changed to Rawlins in honor of General John A. Rawlins, Secretary of War in 1868. (Wyoming Historical Blue Book)Rawling's Springs Post Office was established on October 22, 1868 in Laramie County prior to the formation of Carbon County. John C. Dyer was the postmaster. Its name was changed to Rawlins Post Office on May 4, 1876. (Wyoming Post Offices) When Carbon County was created on December 16, 1868, Rawling's Spring was named the county seat. (Wyoming Historical Blue Book)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11141497

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library