Douglas Prisoner of War Camp
Metadata
Title:Douglas Prisoner of War Camp
Other Names:Douglas POW Camp, Douglas Camp
History:The former Douglas POW Camp was constructed in 1943 to house WWII prisoners of war. The Officers' Club is the only building that remains of the camp. Its walls contain a number of paintings made by the POWs. The club is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places. (National Register of Historic Places)
County:Converse
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The former Douglas POW Camp was constructed in 1943 to house WWII prisoners of war. The Officers' Club is the only building that remains of the camp. Its walls contain a number of paintings made by the POWs. The club is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places. (National Register of Historic Places)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11141478

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library