Carbon County Library System
Metadata
Title:Carbon County Library System
History:The first library in Carbon County, The Rawlins Reading Room, opened to the public on June 17, 1922. The Carbon County Public Library was established on November 3, 1925. It was moved from the Rawlins Reading Room to the High School and named the Carbon County Public Library. On March 20, 1940, it was moved to new facilities in the County Courthouse. (Painter) Carbon County Library moved to a new-old home in the Carbon Building in Rawlins in 1981. (Wyoming Library Roundup 36:4) The Carbon County Library System includes libraries in Baggs, Elk Mountain, Encampment, Hanna, Medicine Bow, Rawlins, Saratoga and Sinclair. (Carbon County Library System, 2011)
County:Carbon
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The first library in Carbon County, The Rawlins Reading Room, opened to the public on June 17, 1922. The Carbon County Public Library was established on November 3, 1925. It was moved from the Rawlins Reading Room to the High School and named the Carbon County Public Library. On March 20, 1940, it was moved to new facilities in the County Courthouse. (Painter) Carbon County Library moved to a new-old home in the Carbon Building in Rawlins in 1981. (Wyoming Library Roundup 36:4) The Carbon County Library System includes libraries in Baggs, Elk Mountain, Encampment, Hanna, Medicine Bow, Rawlins, Saratoga and Sinclair. (Carbon County Library System, 2011)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11141184

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library