Burns (Laramie)
Metadata
Title:Burns (Laramie)
Other Names:New Berlin, Luther
History:Burns Post Office was established as Luther Post Office on March 9, 1907. Its name was changed to Burns Post Office on February 10, 1910. John E. Rogers was the postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices) Was once a shipping point for stock growers. Town was formerly called Luther. (WPA) Formerly called Luther. A growing town in Laramie County, on the Union Pacific Railway, 26 miles east of Cheyenne. Surrounded by an excellent agricultural country, with large farming and stockraising interests. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Station on the Overland Route and Union Pacific Railroad between Egbert and Hillsdale. (Guidebook of the Western United States) Burns was incorporated in May, 1916. (Archives, Incorporated Cities/Towns)
County:Laramie
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Burns Post Office was established as Luther Post Office on March 9, 1907. Its name was changed to Burns Post Office on February 10, 1910. John E. Rogers was the postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices) Was once a shipping point for stock growers. Town was formerly called Luther. (WPA) Formerly called Luther. A growing town in Laramie County, on the Union Pacific Railway, 26 miles east of Cheyenne. Surrounded by an excellent agricultural country, with large farming and stockraising interests. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Station on the Overland Route and Union Pacific Railroad between Egbert and Hillsdale. (Guidebook of the Western United States) Burns was incorporated in May, 1916. (Archives, Incorporated Cities/Towns)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Topic:A history of Luther/ Burns, Wyoming by Jean Bastian and Ruth Mittan. [Wolfe City, Tex. : Henington Pub. Co.], c1988.
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11140894

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library