Clearmont
Metadata
Title:Clearmont
History:Clearmont Post Office was established on October 18, 1892 with Roderic W. Stone as postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices) Station on the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad in Sheridan County, 27 miles southeast from Sheridan. Stockraising the leading industry. Coal is found here. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11)
County:Sheridan
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The name of the town comes from “the town on Clear Creek.” The Burlington forged through Clearmont in 1892 and the station was named Clearmont by the railroad and settlers. In 1895 the post office was established and was named Clearmont. (WPA) Derives its name from the fact that mountains in area are clearly visible from the town. (Ehernberger)Clearmont Post Office was established on October 18, 1892 with Roderic W. Stone as postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices) Station on the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad in Sheridan County, 27 miles southeast from Sheridan. Stockraising the leading industry. Coal is found here. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Topic:Backward glance, 1880's-1980's : Ulm, Leiter, Ucross, Clearmont : a century of history. Clearmont Historical Group. Clearmont, Wyo. : Clearmont Historical Group, [1993?] The Office)
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11140868

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library