Twaton
Metadata
Title:Twaton
History:Twaton Post Office was established on November 19, 1896 with Edward B. Tway as the postmaster. It was discontinued on April 15, 1902 but re-established on July 13, 1928. It was discontinued again on July 14, 1934 and its mail then handled by the Clearmont Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Country postoffice in Johnson County, 20 miles northeast from Buffalo and 15 miles southwest from Arvada, the nearest railroad point. Stockraising the principal industry. Population, 10. Edward B. Tway, general merchandise, cattle and sheep, postmaster. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1901-02)
County:Johnson
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Twaton Post Office was established on November 19, 1896 with Edward B. Tway as the postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices)Twaton Post Office was established on November 19, 1896 with Edward B. Tway as the postmaster. It was discontinued on April 15, 1902 but re-established on July 13, 1928. It was discontinued again on July 14, 1934 and its mail then handled by the Clearmont Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Country postoffice in Johnson County, 20 miles northeast from Buffalo and 15 miles southwest from Arvada, the nearest railroad point. Stockraising the principal industry. Population, 10. Edward B. Tway, general merchandise, cattle and sheep, postmaster. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1901-02)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11140845

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library