Jeffrey City
Metadata
Title:Jeffrey City
Other Names:Home on the Range
History:Jeffrey City Post Office was established as Home on the Range Post Office in October, 1956. The name and site was changed to Jeffrey City in November, 1959. (Wyoming Post Offices)
County:Fremont
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:In 1957, Lost Creek Oil and Uranium Company "was renamed Western Nuclear and construction of a new town began near the road stop of “Home-on-the-Range” in southeastern Fremont County. Named Jeffrey City in honor of Western Nuclear investor Dr. C.W. Jeffrey of Rawlins, the new town housed its first residents in April 1957. By that time, a Utah-based uranium company also established claims nearby." (Wyoming Blue Book vol 5, 2008)Jeffrey City Post Office was established as Home on the Range Post Office in October, 1956. The name and site was changed to Jeffrey City in November, 1959. (Wyoming Post Offices)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11140672

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library