Converse County Library
Metadata
Title:Converse County Library
History:The Douglas Library Association was organized and a library established in a building on Center Street on March 4, 1905. Later, it was moved to a room in the courthouse. (Chambers and Lefler) On July 20, 1908, Douglas received a $10,000.00 Carnegie Library Grant. (Bobinski) On August 31, 1908 the Converse County Free Library was formed when the Douglas Library Association voted "to donate or turn over its library to the Converse County Free Library." The Carnegie Library was received by Carnegie Library Board of Commissioners, Converse County on April 12, 1911. (Chambers and Lefler) A new Converse County Library was dedicated on April 21, 1968. It was erected on the same site as the original Carnegie Library stood. The Carnegie was razed on September 8, 1966. (Wyoming Library Roundup 40:2)
County:Converse
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The Douglas Library Association was organized and a library established in a building on Center Street on March 4, 1905. Later, it was moved to a room in the courthouse. (Chambers and Lefler) On July 20, 1908, Douglas received a $10,000.00 Carnegie Library Grant. (Bobinski) On August 31, 1908 the Converse County Free Library was formed when the Douglas Library Association voted "to donate or turn over its library to the Converse County Free Library." The Carnegie Library was received by Carnegie Library Board of Commissioners, Converse County on April 12, 1911. (Chambers and Lefler) A new Converse County Library was dedicated on April 21, 1968. It was erected on the same site as the original Carnegie Library stood. The Carnegie was razed on September 8, 1966. (Wyoming Library Roundup 40:2)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11140637

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library