Jireh
Metadata
Title:Jireh
History:Jireh Post Office was established on September 17, 1908 in Converse County prior to the formation of Niobrara County. Theron S. Grant was the postmaster. It was discontinued on October 31, 1943 and its mail then handled by the Keeline Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Postoffice in Niobrara County, on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, 14 miles west of Lusk, the county seat. Keeline is the nearest banking point. Farming and stock raising the principal industries. Population 30. Altitude 5,100 feet. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1922)
County:Niobrara
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Named Jireh by Henry Hess and other members of the Jireh Colony because of its biblical meaning, "the Lord will provide." (WPA)Jireh Post Office was established on September 17, 1908 in Converse County prior to the formation of Niobrara County. Theron S. Grant was the postmaster. It was discontinued on October 31, 1943 and its mail then handled by the Keeline Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Postoffice in Niobrara County, on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, 14 miles west of Lusk, the county seat. Keeline is the nearest banking point. Farming and stock raising the principal industries. Population 30. Altitude 5,100 feet. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1922)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Topic:Jireh College : stirred embers of the past, a historical analysis of available records and recent memoirs. Colonna, Maxine. [Albuquerque? N. M.] : [s.n.], 1963.; Early day history of Keeline, Jireh and Lost Springs. Mahnke, Dan. [S.l.] : Nancy Wintermore.; "Jehovah Jireh" Annals of Wyoming, Volume 31, Number 1, pp. 41-47.; Jireh, Wyoming, Niobrara Historical Brevity July 1, 1986. Niobrara County Library Web, 2015
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11139979

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library