Anchor
Metadata
Title:Anchor
History:Anchor Post Office was established on November 7, 1904 in Big Horn County prior to the formation of Hot Springs County. It was discontinued on August 31, 1931 but re-established on June 8, 1933. It was discontinued again on August 31, 1947 and its mail then handled by the Hamilton Dome Post Office. Located in the Owl Creek Valley of the Big Horn Basin in 1926 and on the B. W. Bridger Ranch in 1933. (Wyoming Post Offices) Anchor, Big Horn County. A post office, 65 miles southwest of Basin, the county seat, and 40 miles west of Kirby, the nearest shipping point. Mail tri-weekly. (Gazetteer, 1908-9) A postoffice in Big Horn County. Stockraising the chief industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11)
County:Hot Springs
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Named for the brand of C. E. Blonde. (WPA) Anchor Post Office was established in November, 1904 with Charles E. Blonde as its first postmaster. (Wyoming Post Offices)Anchor Post Office was established on November 7, 1904 in Big Horn County prior to the formation of Hot Springs County. It was discontinued on August 31, 1931 but re-established on June 8, 1933. It was discontinued again on August 31, 1947 and its mail then handled by the Hamilton Dome Post Office. Located in the Owl Creek Valley of the Big Horn Basin in 1926 and on the B. W. Bridger Ranch in 1933. (Wyoming Post Offices) Anchor, Big Horn County. A post office, 65 miles southwest of Basin, the county seat, and 40 miles west of Kirby, the nearest shipping point. Mail tri-weekly. (Gazetteer, 1908-9) A postoffice in Big Horn County. Stockraising the chief industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Topic:Christiansen, Cleo. Sagebrush Settlements. Lovell, Wyo.: Cleo Christiansen, 1967.
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11139885

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library