Riverton Branch Library
Metadata
Title:Riverton Branch Library
Other Names:Mote Memorial Library
History:In 1920, Riverton citizens established a Community Library under the direction of the Wind River Chapter of the Red Cross. The library was located at the Red Cross Community Center. The Community Library of Riverton became a branch of the Fremont Public Library in 1921. In 1959, Mrs. Belle Mote of Riverton gave her home at 301 East Adams, Riverton to the Riverton Lions Club with the understanding that the building be used to house the Riverton Branch Library. The Riverton Branch Library became known as the Mote Memorial Library. (History of the Fremont Public Library and Branches) A new Riverton Branch Library opened on November 7, 1983. (Wyoming Library Roundup)
County:Fremont
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The Riverton Branch Library was at one time known as the Mote Memorial Library, after Mrs. Belle Mote of Riverton who donated her home for the library's use. (History of the Fremont Public Library and Branches)In 1920, Riverton citizens established a Community Library under the direction of the Wind River Chapter of the Red Cross. The library was located at the Red Cross Community Center. The Community Library of Riverton became a branch of the Fremont Public Library in 1921. In 1959, Mrs. Belle Mote of Riverton gave her home at 301 East Adams, Riverton to the Riverton Lions Club with the understanding that the building be used to house the Riverton Branch Library. The Riverton Branch Library became known as the Mote Memorial Library. (History of the Fremont Public Library and Branches) A new Riverton Branch Library opened on November 7, 1983. (Wyoming Library Roundup)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11139734

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library