Gunn
Metadata
Title:Gunn
History:Gunn Post Office was established on February 1, 1908 with George E. Ford as postmaster. It was discontinued on October 31, 1924 after which its mail was handled by the Rock Springs Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Postoffice in Sweetwater County, 8 miles east of Rock Springs. Coal mining the industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Station on the Union Pacific Railroad. (Union Pacific Railroad List, 1942)
County:Sweetwater
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:Named after George E. Gunn, who was the first president of the Gunn Quealy Coal Company. It is an early coal mining town built in 1908, owned entirely by the Gunn Quealy Coal Company. (WPA)Gunn Post Office was established on February 1, 1908 with George E. Ford as postmaster. It was discontinued on October 31, 1924 after which its mail was handled by the Rock Springs Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices) Postoffice in Sweetwater County, 8 miles east of Rock Springs. Coal mining the industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Station on the Union Pacific Railroad. (Union Pacific Railroad List, 1942)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11139588

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library