Kendall
Metadata
Title:Kendall
History:Kendall Post Office was established on June 15, 1899 in Uinta County prior to the formation of Sublette County (and Fremont County). Samuel Hamilton was the first postmaster. It was discontinued on February 28, 1935 and its mail then handled by the Cora Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices). A small postoffice in the western part of Fremont County. Stockraising the leading industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Kendall was established as a tie camp and later became a ranger station of the Forest Service. (Wyoming Newspapers)
County:Sublette
Feature Category:Manmade Features
Origin Of Name:The Kendall Tie Camp was organized in 1896 and named after Rock Springs banker Augustine Kendall. (U.S. Forest Service, Lookouts, Latrines and Lodgepole Cabins, 2003)Kendall Post Office was established on June 15, 1899 in Uinta County prior to the formation of Sublette County (and Fremont County). Samuel Hamilton was the first postmaster. It was discontinued on February 28, 1935 and its mail then handled by the Cora Post Office. (Wyoming Post Offices). A small postoffice in the western part of Fremont County. Stockraising the leading industry. (Wyoming State Business Directory, 1910-11) Kendall was established as a tie camp and later became a ranger station of the Forest Service. (Wyoming Newspapers)
Type (DCMI):JPEG
Link:Search Wyoming Places
Document ID:11139460

Links
Digital Library:
© 2018 Wyoming State Library; all rights reserved.
Wyoming State Library